PowerBelt ELR Bullets were specially designed for CVA’s PARAMOUNT rifle. Internally, the ELR is similar in concept to the PowerBelt AeroLite bullet, incorporating a large hollow point cavity which eliminates weight from the core, allowing that weight to be used to lengthen the bullet. This hollow core is filled by the tail of the super-hard polycarbonate ballistic tip, which offsets the tendency of the bullet to expand too rapidly.
Optimal performance of the ELR will be achieved using “magnum” or “super-magnum” propellant charges. Rifles like the CVA PARAMOUNT are designed to handle such “super-magnum” charges (meaning: charges that produce higher pressures than traditional magnum loads). With rifles not designed for such high pressure loads, the maximum propellant charge recommended by the rifle manufacturer should not be exceeded.
- Polycarbonate tip preserves aerodynamic integrity and prevents premature expansion
- Smooth plated finish reduces standard deviation between shots for superior accuracy
- Larger diameter gas check for tight seal
- Larger hollow point cavity reduces weight and maximizes internal expansion
- Longer Length combined with aggressively tapered shape
- Flutes in gas check make it easier to load
- Scores inside gas check allow positive release when bullet exits barrel.
Note: ELR Bullets require a loading tip with a deeper recess to ensure proper alignment.